- One millionth of a second. (Symbol.: μs)More example sentences
- The initial collapse is followed by two fast (tens of microseconds and hundreds of nanoseconds) reorganizational phases in which the intermediates sample their environment searching for appropriate native contacts.
- The phases are well separated in time spanning hundreds of nanoseconds to hundreds of microseconds and the amplitudes contribute more or less equally to the total decay, the slowest phase contributing the least.
- The primary motivation behind installing an SSD is its ability to access data in microseconds instead of milliseconds (as with rotational disks).
More definitions of microsecondDefinition of microsecond in:
- The US English dictionary