- 1 Ecology A small, distinct area or habitat within a particular ecosystem.More example sentences
- This issue was most apparent for B. alleghaniensis, for which establishment microsites differed among the three stand types.
- Basal areas of several woody species differed between the log and forest floor microsites.
- Performance of M. arizonicum was consistent across the elevation gradient in Hylocomium microsites despite significant differences in light and temperature between elevations.
- 2A small auxiliary website designed to function as a supplement to a primary website.More example sentences
- A number of adoption microsites also included links to pages elsewhere in the host institution's Web site, most often to general pages of contact details and to maps showing office locations.
- Now they're being sponsored by the Ameriquest Mortgage Company whose homepage even includes a link to a Stones microsite.
- In reality, all of these components would interact, providing a much wider range of microsites than we have addressed in this study.
More definitions of micrositeDefinition of microsite in:
- The US English dictionary