noun (plural microsporangia /-dʒɪə/)Botany
- A sporangium containing microspores.More example sentences
- Each anther has four microsporangia arranged in pairs in the two lobes.
- In pollen cones, microsporangia are borne on a single bract without a trace of a second, subtending structure.
- The microsprophylls of cycads are arranged in strobili and bear clusters of microsporangia on their abaxial surface.
More definitions of microsporangiumDefinition of microsporangium in:
- The US English dictionary