- The smaller of the two kinds of spore produced by some ferns. See also megaspore.More example sentences
- Both of these genera are heterosporous, meaning that each species produces two distinctly different types of spores: microspores and megaspores.
- The embryogenic process originated during anther culture may have different origins, for example, haploid cells such as microspores or pollen grains, or somatic cells from anther tissues.
- They have male spores called microspores and female spores called megaspores.
More definitions of microsporeDefinition of microspore in:
- The US English dictionary