Definition of microstructure in English:
The fine structure (in a metal or other material) which can be made visible and examined with a microscope.
- The purpose of neutron reflectometry is to reveal the microstructure of materials in thin film geometries.
- This is color that is caused by microstructures such as diffraction gratings, and thin films rather than pigment.
- As in the case of steels, alloy content and processing conditions affect the toughness of nonferrous metals by affecting their microstructures, which, in turn, determine their toughness.
- Example sentences
- From anisotropy of magnetic susceptibility measurements and extensive microstructural data, the magnetic fabric of this pluton has been inferred to correlate with the magmatic fabric.
- In other words, the objectivist can propose a revisionary concept of color as an objective property, e.g some microstructural property or a spectral reflectance or some other light-modifying feature.
- It has been found that domain characteristics depend on surface density, microstructural properties, the anisotropy of the underlying microstructure, and the kinetics of domain growth in comparison to diffusive processes.
Definition of microstructure in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia