- An instrument for cutting extremely thin sections of material for examination under a microscope.More example sentences
- Selected specimens were examined under the SEM, then embedded in resin and cut into 3 m thin sections using a rotation microtome.
- To avoid possible contamination during cutting of the slides, the microtome and water bath were cleaned thoroughly before histologic sectioning of a case for molecular analysis.
- Pod wall, seed coat, and seed sections, from fresh glasshouse-grown material harvested mid-photoperiod, were cut using a sledge microtome.
More definitions of microtomeDefinition of microtome in:
- The US English dictionary