Definition of micturate in English:
verb[no object] formal
Urinate: she became unable to go out for more than about ten minutes without having to micturate
More example sentences
- On the first day after operation he fully recovered from the general anaesthetic and could micturate voluntarily.
- But she could hardly fail to see the point when McDonald expressed his discomfort at passing miscreants micturating in his minimalist letter box.
- What's more, I knew for a fact he was not shy about micturating in public - a product, no doubt, of his European upbringing.
Mid 19th century: back-formation from micturition, from Latin micturit- 'urinated', from the verb micturire.
- Example sentences
- Prior awareness of syncopal events or syncope in association with micturition, defecation, painful stimuli, or the sight of blood suggests a reflex-mediated mechanism.
- The efficacy of the medications was evaluated using urinary diaries documenting frequency of micturition, episodes of urge incontinence and total incontinence episodes.
- Ultrasonography has specific advantages over intravenous urography in the assessment of the lower urinary tract, including a measure of volume after micturition and size and projection of the prostate.
Definition of micturate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan