1A fielding position on the off side near the bowler.
- But until his dismissal - a sliced hoick to mid-off - his off-side game sparkled.
- At his best he bowled to three slips, gully, third man, cover, mid-off, mid-on and square short leg.
- Darling was able to switch from attack to defence with the utmost ease and his preferred fielding position was at mid-off.
1.1A fielder at mid-off.
- Kumble went round the wicket to bring the ugly miscued, sliced slog to mid-off's hands into play.
- He tonked the third ball he faced in international cricket - from Sehwag - into the stands over long-on, and followed that up with a bludgeoned straight drive that gave mid-off no chance.
- Flintoff is nearly out for a duck when his mistimed drive just goes over the head of mid-off, then there's a big appeal for a bat-pad catch by Simon Katich, but Billy Bowden shakes his head vigorously.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.