1A fielding position on the off side near the bowler.
- But until his dismissal - a sliced hoick to mid-off - his off-side game sparkled.
- At his best he bowled to three slips, gully, third man, cover, mid-off, mid-on and square short leg.
- Darling was able to switch from attack to defence with the utmost ease and his preferred fielding position was at mid-off.
1.1A fielder at mid-off.
- Kumble went round the wicket to bring the ugly miscued, sliced slog to mid-off's hands into play.
- He tonked the third ball he faced in international cricket - from Sehwag - into the stands over long-on, and followed that up with a bludgeoned straight drive that gave mid-off no chance.
- Flintoff is nearly out for a duck when his mistimed drive just goes over the head of mid-off, then there's a big appeal for a bat-pad catch by Simon Katich, but Billy Bowden shakes his head vigorously.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: mid-off
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.