- A small central part of the brainstem, developing from the middle of the primitive or embryonic brain. Also called mesencephalon.More example sentences
- In each case, these sections included frontal cortex, basal ganglia, thalamus, hippocampus, midbrain, pons, medulla, and cerebellar hemisphere at the level of the dentate nucleus.
- The brainstem consists of the midbrain, pons and medulla, structures located deep in the back of the brain.
- The latter includes the diencephalon; mesencephalon, or midbrain; pons; and medulla oblongata.
More definitions of midbrainDefinition of midbrain in:
- The US English dictionary