Definition of middle age in English:
The period after early adulthood and before old age, about 45 to 65.
- The circumambulation also signifies the four stages of life, namely childhood, youth, middle age and old age.
- Both in middle age and old age the death rates were significantly higher in smokers than in non-smokers.
- Now he has emerged into early middle age and discovered that his life may have been adversely affected by early exposure to feminism.
- Example sentences
- On the right were rows of white, middle-aged men, almost all in dark suits.
- Heavy smoking of more than 20 cigarettes a day is much more common among middle-aged people.
- However, he has developed one of the less-flattering traits of middle-aged rock stars.
Definition of middle age in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan