The period after early adulthood and before old age, about 45 to 65.
More example sentences
- The circumambulation also signifies the four stages of life, namely childhood, youth, middle age and old age.
- Both in middle age and old age the death rates were significantly higher in smokers than in non-smokers.
- Now he has emerged into early middle age and discovered that his life may have been adversely affected by early exposure to feminism.
- More example sentences
- On the right were rows of white, middle-aged men, almost all in dark suits.
- Heavy smoking of more than 20 cigarettes a day is much more common among middle-aged people.
- However, he has developed one of the less-flattering traits of middle-aged rock stars.
Definition of middle age in:
- The US English dictionary