- The air-filled central cavity of the ear, behind the eardrum.More example sentences
- Lying behind the eardrum is an air-filled cavity known as the middle ear, which is connected to the back of the throat via the eustachian tube.
- In some cases, a doctor may suggest inserting a tube through the eardrum to allow the middle ear to drain.
- The outer ear picks up sounds and passes them to the middle ear through the eardrum.
More definitions of middle earDefinition of middle ear in:
- The US English dictionary