Definition of middle management in English:
The managers in an organization at a level between senior and junior managers.
- Despite growing evidence showing that downsizing middle management may reduce organizational flexibility and innovation, executives still appear to make this a frequent practice.
- Not only may there be differences of level within broad occupational categories - such as those between senior and middle management - but the kinds of enterprises in which people work have great significance.
- Our immediate intervention was to strengthen the capacity of senior and middle management in the revenue department.
middle manager noun
- Example sentences
- There are courses for new managers, middle managers, senior managers, and executives.
- Foreign executives who might otherwise be at a cultural and linguistic loss have been able to rely on Chinese middle managers for quality control.
- Offices hummed as clerks and secretaries, executives and middle managers, accountants and bookkeepers scurried to attend their burgeoning enterprises.
Definition of middle management in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan