Definition of middle management in English:
The managers in an organization at a level between senior and junior managers.
- Despite growing evidence showing that downsizing middle management may reduce organizational flexibility and innovation, executives still appear to make this a frequent practice.
- Not only may there be differences of level within broad occupational categories - such as those between senior and middle management - but the kinds of enterprises in which people work have great significance.
- Our immediate intervention was to strengthen the capacity of senior and middle management in the revenue department.
- middle manager noun
- Example sentences
- There are courses for new managers, middle managers, senior managers, and executives.
- Foreign executives who might otherwise be at a cultural and linguistic loss have been able to rely on Chinese middle managers for quality control.
- Offices hummed as clerks and secretaries, executives and middle managers, accountants and bookkeepers scurried to attend their burgeoning enterprises.
Definition of middle management in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.