Definition of middle school in English:
1(In the UK) a school for children from about 9 to 13 years old.
- The 234 schools that Ofsted has praised twice include 13 nursery schools, 80 primary schools, two middle schools, 123 secondary schools, 15 special schools and one pupil referral unit.
- Of the 257 schools in the county all 29 secondary, five middle schools, five special schools and 113 primary schools have either been connected to broadband or are in the process of being wired up.
- The figure would have been staggering if the auditing had been expanded to cover middle schools and primary schools.
2(In the US and Canada) a junior high school.
- Most of these kids live in neighbourhoods with elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools.
- The educational system in the city was comprised of fifteen elementary schools, four middle schools, and one high school.
- A new dimension of this new peace movement is its extension to rural Southern schools, historically black colleges, community colleges, urban public universities, and high schools and middle schools.
Definition of middle school in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan