- 1(In the UK) a school for children from about 9 to 13 years old.More example sentences
- The 234 schools that Ofsted has praised twice include 13 nursery schools, 80 primary schools, two middle schools, 123 secondary schools, 15 special schools and one pupil referral unit.
- Of the 257 schools in the county all 29 secondary, five middle schools, five special schools and 113 primary schools have either been connected to broadband or are in the process of being wired up.
- The figure would have been staggering if the auditing had been expanded to cover middle schools and primary schools.
- 2(In the US and Canada) a junior high school.More example sentences
- Most of these kids live in neighbourhoods with elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools.
- The educational system in the city was comprised of fifteen elementary schools, four middle schools, and one high school.
- A new dimension of this new peace movement is its extension to rural Southern schools, historically black colleges, community colleges, urban public universities, and high schools and middle schools.
More definitions of middle schoolDefinition of middle school in:
- The US English dictionary