noun[mass noun] Computing
- Software that acts as a bridge between an operating system or database and applications, especially on a network.More example sentences
- That is where data access middleware and on-line application development systems come in.
- They have to have the right OS, middleware and application software installed.
- This claim covers the operating system wars, desktop software and middleware.
More definitions of middlewareDefinition of middleware in:
- The US English dictionary