Definition of middleweight in English:
1A weight in boxing and other sports intermediate between welterweight and light heavyweight. In the amateur boxing scale it ranges from 71-5 kg.
- Today's light heavyweight and middleweight divisions are in bad shape.
- Toney had so much trouble making weight at middleweight and light-heavyweight.
- Riding an unbeaten streak since 1998, Ward has dominated opponents in the middleweight and light heavyweight classes.
1.1 [count noun] A middleweight boxer or other competitor.
- How did Hopkins become one of the great middleweights?
- A division once ruled by giants is now being overwhelmed by the force of two former middleweights.
- He was robbed in his last two fights, but I still think he's one of the top super middleweights.
Words that rhyme with middleweightcatchweight
Definition of middleweight in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan