- 1A weight in boxing and other sports intermediate between welterweight and light heavyweight. In the amateur boxing scale it ranges from 71-5 kg.More example sentences
- Today's light heavyweight and middleweight divisions are in bad shape.
- Toney had so much trouble making weight at middleweight and light-heavyweight.
- Riding an unbeaten streak since 1998, Ward has dominated opponents in the middleweight and light heavyweight classes.
- 1.1 [count noun] A middleweight boxer or other competitor.More example sentences
- How did Hopkins become one of the great middleweights?
- A division once ruled by giants is now being overwhelmed by the force of two former middleweights.
- He was robbed in his last two fights, but I still think he's one of the top super middleweights.
More definitions of middleweightDefinition of middleweight in:
- The US English dictionary