Definition of middleweight in English:
1A weight in boxing and other sports intermediate between welterweight and light heavyweight. In the amateur boxing scale it ranges from 71-5 kg.
- Today's light heavyweight and middleweight divisions are in bad shape.
- Toney had so much trouble making weight at middleweight and light-heavyweight.
- Riding an unbeaten streak since 1998, Ward has dominated opponents in the middleweight and light heavyweight classes.
1.1 [count noun] A middleweight boxer or other competitor.
- How did Hopkins become one of the great middleweights?
- A division once ruled by giants is now being overwhelmed by the force of two former middleweights.
- He was robbed in his last two fights, but I still think he's one of the top super middleweights.
Words that rhyme with middleweightcatchweight
Definition of middleweight in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.