- A seamstress or assistant in a Parisian fashion house.More example sentences
- The symbolic language of Saint Catherine's day, as celebrated by the Parisian midinettes (young dressmakers and milliners), had its origins in the festive calendar of rural France.
- This sketch of her fellow workers, the midinettes, described how the only things they shared with the ladies who bought their dresses were fashion and TB.
- She spent a few sweet and heavenly hours among students and midinettes at Bullier's, a Paris nightspot.
French, from midi 'midday' + dînette 'light dinner' (because only a short break was taken at lunchtime).
More definitions of midinetteDefinition of midinette in:
- The US English dictionary