- 1Twelve o’clock at night: I left at midnightMore example sentences
- At midnight every night, the bell in the bell tower was rung to summon the spirits.
- At midnight on Monday he was on the phone organising a list of surgeons for the following day.
- At midnight the church bell rang out to welcome in the new year and carol singing took place.
- 1.1 [often as modifier] The middle period of the night: the midnight hoursMore example sentences
- It is the soundtrack to a summer, late nights, midnight skies, red wine, being carefree.
- I could go into Nice and see my friends and come back on the midnight train.
- That's all well and good, but what happens when it fancies a midnight snack and it starts coming after me!