noun[usually as modifier]
- The middle part of a ship or boat: her powerful midship sectionMore example sentences
- The two four-cell launchers are installed in the midship section between the two radar masts.
- Two four-cell launchers are installed in a midship position between the two masts.
- Only the aft elevator could be used when a full air group was in the hangar, as dive-bombers would block the use of the midship elevator for raising torpedo planes.
More definitions of midshipDefinition of midship in:
- The US English dictionary