- 1A fielding position on the leg side, level with the middle of the pitch.More example sentences
- That didn't stop one old chap with his carrier bag from wandering in and plonking himself in a prime position at midwicket, before being ushered off-site by a bemused club official.
- When he stepped out next ball to lift, casually, between long-on and midwicket for a fourth six, finally we sensed that something might be up.
- The arc between midwicket and long-on received maximum attention as bowlers were left gasping, fielders hopeless and spectators expectant.
- 1.1A fielder at midwicket.More example sentences
- It took a bit of time to figure out if you were the midwicket, fine leg, long off or deep gully.