- 1A person who moves from one place to another in order to find work or better living conditions.More example sentences
- To prevent this happening 12 member countries have put a block on migrants moving there until up to 2011.
- The migrants moved to one side of their 33 ft boat and the vessel tipped over.
- When land was surveyed and the location of the capital decided most of these migrants moved to Adelaide.
- 2An animal that migrates.More example sentences
- Very pale and worn, the insect was clearly a migrant that had arrived from North Africa on the high pressure zone.
- Birds that were altitudinal migrants or local nomads were classified as resident.
- Our study focused on the Wood Thrush, a Neotropical migrant that nests in eastern woodlands of North America.
adjectiveBack to top
- Tending to migrate or having migrated: migrant birdsMore example sentences
- There was no running water and no electricity available to sustain this tiny enclave of fisherman and migrant workers, yet the mood during my visit was upbeat.
- The normal differences between urban and rural, elite and the rest, apply - with a large group of low-paid migrant workers added in.
- This is a lot different from the attitudes revealed in past surveys when migrant workers would not have had any second thoughts before buying the cheapest product available.