2 (also water milfoil) A widely distributed aquatic plant with whorls of fine submerged leaves and wind-pollinated flowers.
- Genus Myriophyllum, family Haloragaceae
More example sentences
- Lakes and ponds have buttonbush, pickerel weed, bulltongue arrowhead, horned bladderwort, water milfoil, and water-shield growing in the water.
- The common kinds include the large family of pondweeds, coontail, water milfoil, water weeds, and naiads (Najas).
- In half of the sites studied, algae, mosses and plants such as water milfoil that had previously been absent were becoming abundant.
Definition of milfoil in:
- The US English dictionary