Advocating or pursuing an aggressive military policy; hawkish: the president and his militaristic administration
More example sentences
- But how can it work under the threat of force from an aggressive militaristic power?
- These outfits are non-hierarchical, decentralised, nominally leaderless and organised with militaristic precision.
- They find that shelter in a mall, but the mall comes with a group of security guards who are bent on keeping strict order in the most militaristic manner possible.
- Example sentences
- The politically and economically uneducated sectors of the population, many of whom were mobilized politically for the first time by the war and its consequences, thought entirely militaristically, not economically.
- Being a curious race, they'd ventured out of their homeland to join the expanding Council's empire freely, which was odd at the time seeing as how many others had directly opposed the way their empire had grown militaristically.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: mili¦tar|is¦tic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.