Definition of milker in English:
1A cow or other animal that is kept for milk, especially one of a specified productivity: the cows were no more than fair milkers
More example sentences
- They offered the ‘station’ experience, feeding cattle, shearing sheep, horseback riding, whip cracking, and milking the few milkers they had.
- First calvers, older cows and the better milkers are likely to be thinner than the rest.
- He's now A2 Corporation's point man in Britain, busy persuading farmers to change their herds over to A2 milkers.
2A person who milks cows.
- Others helped have been animal hauliers and relief milkers, whose livelihood has been halted by the outbreak.
- Greg also knew he would have to learn all he could before starting his own dairy, so he worked as a night-shift milker for a herd of 550 cows in Maryland and later as an assistant herd manager for a large dairy in southern Wisconsin.
- Milking takes place twice a day, at 4 a.m. and 4 p.m., two milkers working their way toward each other from opposite ends of the barn.
Definition of milker in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan