nounchiefly • archaic
- A girl or woman who milks cows or does other work in a dairy.More example sentences
- One could ask if the ploughman and the milkmaid of today would understand much of what is prayed.
- The removal of the bowls for settling the milk and the absence of butter churns or a cow barn indicate that it was not intended as a working dairy even for a royal milkmaid.
- She worked as a milkmaid on her husband Jack's milk round in Hanwell.
More definitions of milkmaidDefinition of milkmaid in:
- The US English dictionary