- A small plant with blue, pink, or white flowers, which was formerly believed to increase the milk yield of cows and nursing mothers.
More example sentences
- Genus Polygala, family Polygalaceae: several species, including the European common milkwort (P. vulgaris)
- Browsing among orchids, fairy flax, milkwort and oxeye daisies, John explains the problems of trying to grow wildflowers in modern gardens and the huge rewards they offer to anyone lucky enough to enjoy the right growing conditions.
- Among the attractive flowers are four-petal Saint-John's wort, Leaven-worth's tickseed, orange milkwort, shortleaf gayfeather, showy milkwort, sleepy morning, snow squarestem, and whitetop aster.
- On the ground, patches of yellow tormentil, blue-purple and red-magenta milkwort were growing at regular intervals, with small heath, small copper, green hairstreak and other butterfly species putting in the occasional appearance.
More definitions of milkwortDefinition of milkwort in:
- The US English dictionary