- A dam built across a stream to raise the level of the water so that it will turn the wheel of a watermill.More example sentences
- The drama in Luddenden, Calderdale, followed a night of torrential rain which had left a mill dam dangerously overflowing when debris partially blocked a culvert.
- I feel sorry for the village children with no family car to take them swimming and I am glad we no longer have a mill dam.
- Local woodland and mill dams would be preserved by a management company financed by an annual charge on the eventual householders.
More definitions of mill damDefinition of mill dam in:
- The US English dictionary