- A kind of ornamental glass in which a number of glass rods of different sizes and colours are fused together and cut into sections which form various patterns, typically embedded in colourless transparent glass to make items such as paperweights.More example sentences
- The enamel, millefiori and glass decoration, insular in style and technique, are most closely paralleled in Ireland.
- Around the same time, Murano glassmaker Pietro Bigaglia captured international attention with his millefiori paperweights, exhibited in Vienna in 1845.
- The Italian millefiori technique for glass beads became the basis for the polymer ‘canes’ or picture beads.
mid 19th century: from Italian millefiore, literally 'a thousand flowers'.
More definitions of millefioriDefinition of millefiori in:
- The US English dictionary