- One thousand million (a term now largely superseded by billion).More example sentences
- Of course, we used to use the word milliard for ‘one thousand million’.
- The exports and imports of the world had, in 1840, a value of 28, in 1889 of 74, milliards of marks.
- The only one of these which has gained any currency in English is milliard (for a thousand million) but it must be quite unfamiliar to most people today.
late 18th century: French, from mille 'thousand'.
More definitions of milliardDefinition of milliard in:
- The US English dictionary