- 1A coarse sandstone of the British Carboniferous, occurring immediately below the coal measures.More example sentences
- This school is built on rock, millstone grit, alongside carboniferous limestone.
- Furthermore, north Derbyshire is millstone grit and limestone country, with stone walls, sheep farms, and bleak moors, whereas in the south there are hedged dairy and arable farms on clay, sandstone, and alluvium.
- The geology here is alternating layers of limestone and shale topped with millstone grit.
- 1.1Any hard siliceous rock suitable for making millstones.More example sentences
- About a mile below Grayson, the millstone grit is seen on Barrett's creek.
- If millstone grit occurs, please state what use has been made of it.