noun (plural same)
- A former monetary unit of Portugal and Brazil equal to one thousand reals.More example sentences
- In Portugal, the milreis became the main unit of account by Portugal, edict of 24 April 1835.
- It is also necessary to ascertain the exchange value of the milreis at the time, when quotations are made in Brazilian money, as there have been great variations in the value of the milreis.
- Local workers were paid up to 20 milreis per month.
Portuguese, from mil 'thousand' + reis, plural of real (see real2).
More definitions of milreisDefinition of milreis in:
- The US English dictionary