- A yellow or brown mineral consisting of a chloride and arsenate of lead, typically found as a crust or needle-like crystals in lead deposits.More example sentences
- They were associated with mimetite and unidentified clay minerals.
- Yellow to red-orange mimetite associated with wulfenite is well known from the San Francisco mine, Cucurpe, and good specimens have come from Cerro Prieto, Sonora.
- It may be associated with a wide variety of other minerals including cerussite, anglesite, raspite, pyromorphite, mimetite, and scheelite.
mid 19th century: from Greek mimētēs 'imitator' + -ite1.
More definitions of mimetiteDefinition of mimetite in:
- The US English dictionary