- A plant of a genus which includes the musk plants and the monkey flower.
More example sentences
- Genus Mimulus, family Scrophulariaceae
- One may see astilbe, columbine, hosta, ferns, begonias and impatiens, along with the less common, yet colorful, annuals foxglove, torenia, Viola cornuta, mimulus and Geranium endressii.
- Standing next to another pot stuffed with pink and white dahlias, orange mimulus and white lobelia, they should provide colour until the first frosts.
- Fuchsias are also good as space fillers as are petunias, mimulus and marigolds.
modern Latin, apparently a diminutive of Latin mimus 'mime', perhaps with reference to its mask-like flowers.