- 1The quality or state of being conscious or aware of something: their mindfulness of the wider cinematic traditionMore example sentences
- The meditation he was teaching wasn't mindfulness of the breath.
- Some people need such concrete visual reminders to maintain mindfulness of their gratitude, explains Emmons.
- Simply being there with our body, with our physical sense of existence, is the mindfulness of body.
- 2A mental state achieved by focusing one’s awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one’s feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations, used as a therapeutic technique.More example sentences
- Apart from the hours of sound sleep, you should try to maintain continuous mindfulness throughout your waking hours.
- Long practice at meditation or mindfulness can also dispel the illusion.
- For instance, a therapist may teach mindfulness, a concept borrowed from Zen Buddhism.
More definitions of mindfulnessDefinition of mindfulness in:
- The US English dictionary