A ship or aircraft used for detecting explosive submarine mines.
More example sentences
- One of the Royal Navy's hi-tech minehunters has spent more than half of the last year far from home, in the Baltic.
- The estuary and Khawr waterway have been combed by helicopters hauling mine detectors on sledges, and by minesweepers and minehunters, while Chatham's helicopter provided air support.
- The frigate was berthed next to Sandown-class minehunters HM ships Grimsby and Bangor, forming the centrepiece of British Week, which promoted British interests in the Baltic state.
- More example sentences
- The ship structure is able to meet all minewarfare roles, including surveillance, minelaying, minehunting and minesweeping.
- The Landsort is permanently equipped for both minehunting and minesweeping.
- Training opportunities are also grasped, from the routine business of minehunting to casualty-handling, salvage and firefighting.