- A substance resembling matted wool and made from inorganic mineral material, used chiefly for packing or insulation.More example sentences
- Moisture-damaged mineral wool insulation material was also replaced, and some damaged ceilings were fixed.
- For fire-rated walls, a glass fiber or mineral wool batt or blanket insulation must be installed between the studs.
- Fibrex, based in Aurora, Illinois, produces mineral wool insulation blankets, which can fit between walls, studs or ceiling rafters, made from 92 percent recycled materials.
More definitions of mineral woolDefinition of mineral wool in:
- The US English dictionary