- A person who works in a mine, especially a coal mine.More example sentences
- The Hunter Valley decision comes just three months after Rio Tinto was found guilty of victimising coal mineworkers at its Blair Athol mine in Central Queensland in June 1998.
- Billiton disposed of its precious metals assets to Gencor - which is still listed on the Johannesburg Securities Exchange - and many of the gold mines that the diseased mineworkers were employed at have ceased operation.
- Pressure last night mounted on the Government to end the shame of some former mineworkers crippled by coal dust being denied proper compensation.
More definitions of mineworkerDefinition of mineworker in:
- The US English dictionary