Definition of miniaturize in English:
verb[with object] (usually as adjective miniaturized)
Make on a smaller or miniature scale: miniaturized nuclear warheads the devices seem to perform better the more they are miniaturized
More example sentences
- He explains that while the technology behind the device is not itself new, the fact that it is miniaturized to this scale is a breakthrough.
- Fuel cells could replace power plants to produce electricity on a large scale; and they could be miniaturized to replace batteries in computers and even watches.
- The solution to these problems was to use miniaturized sensors and computers to give individual interceptors the ability to operate without support from a garage.
- Example sentences
- They plan to continue their research and collaboration with Winegard in areas such as full-integration of the antenna system into the car's body and further miniaturization of the antenna.
- Spatial closeness, or miniaturization, not only encourages convivial social life but also enable the rigorous utilization of all resources.
- Now, as I understand it, any space-based defense will have to rely heavily on computing power and power-source miniaturization.
Definition of miniaturize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan