Definition of miniaturize in English:
verb[with object] (usually as adjective miniaturized)
Make on a smaller or miniature scale: miniaturized nuclear warheads the devices seem to perform better the more they are miniaturized
More example sentences
- He explains that while the technology behind the device is not itself new, the fact that it is miniaturized to this scale is a breakthrough.
- Fuel cells could replace power plants to produce electricity on a large scale; and they could be miniaturized to replace batteries in computers and even watches.
- The solution to these problems was to use miniaturized sensors and computers to give individual interceptors the ability to operate without support from a garage.
- Example sentences
- They plan to continue their research and collaboration with Winegard in areas such as full-integration of the antenna system into the car's body and further miniaturization of the antenna.
- Spatial closeness, or miniaturization, not only encourages convivial social life but also enable the rigorous utilization of all resources.
- Now, as I understand it, any space-based defense will have to rely heavily on computing power and power-source miniaturization.
Definition of miniaturize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.