- The process or industry of obtaining coal or other minerals from a mine: close linkages between mining and other sectors of the economy [as modifier]: a mining town [with modifier]: coal miningMore example sentences
- He has spent 15 of his adult years working in one of China's grittiest and most dangerous industries, and coal mining is all he knows.
- Heavy industry and mining took a toll on many generations, leaving tens of thousands of men who reached their forties and fifties only to find they had been deserted both by the trade they were trained in and the strength to learn a new one.
- Major industries include mining and aluminum processing, forestry, and the manufacture of beverages.
More definitions of miningDefinition of mining in:
- The US English dictionary