- A solitary bee that builds long underground tunnels containing nest chambers.
More example sentences
- Andrena and other genera, family Apidae
- Lured inside by droplets of sweet fluid (lady's slippers don't secrete true nectar), the pollinator, most often a mining bee, can escape only through one of two small exits at the sac's rear.
- But no, its a cleptoparasitic Cuckoo bee, the likes of which preys on mining bees like the one above.
- Several of the more distinctive species of mining bee from the family Andrenidae have been illustrated.