Definition of miniskirt in English:
A very short skirt.
- As women have become more liberated, their clothing has become less restrictive: from corsets and petticoats to trousers, shorts and miniskirts; from full-length burqas to jilbabs to headscarves, then to bare heads.
- The spring women's line features off-the-shoulder blouses, miniskirts and hipster trousers.
- Then there were normal T-shirts and miniskirts and shorts and jeans and tops and strapless things, and a lot of jewellery.
- Example sentences
- Lever, by comparison, seems remarkably normal: miniskirted, slightly made up, anxiously clutching her A-level folders.
- The world she evokes - of miniskirted Kabul schoolgirls and interesting Buddhist relics - has completely vanished.
- Which makes astonishingly little sense, even ignoring the sex-discriminatory aspects, as the vast majority of shoppers are middle-aged women, who are unlikely to be seduced by the milky thighs of these miniskirted productistas.
Words that rhyme with miniskirtunderskirt • expert
Definition of miniskirt in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan