- A deep reddish tangelo (fruit) of a thin-skinned variety.More example sentences
- The ‘Honeybell’ variety is generically known as a minneola, and they are now widely available at most US supermarkets in the late fall through early spring.
- Citrus such as oranges, grapefruits, minneolas, clementines are available from week 17 to 45.
- Commercial sizes of minneolas based on how many pieces of fruit are packed into the standard thirty-eight to forty pound carton include 36's, 40's, 48's, 56's, 64's, 80's, 100's, 125's, and 150's.
mid 20th century: named after a town in Florida, US.
More definitions of minneolaDefinition of minneola in:
- The US English dictionary