- A tranquillizer of the kind used to treat anxiety states, especially a benzodiazepine.More example sentences
- Tapering and discontinuing mental medicines, benzodiazapines or minor tranquilizers, sleep medicines and antidepressants can almost cut in half the rate of falling.
- Mr Collis said pharmacies were not only being targeted for methadone, but also benzodiazepines (minor tranquillisers) and cash.
- The most frequently used drugs are benzodiazepines, which are minor tranquillisers that are used in sleeping medications and so forth.
More definitions of minor tranquillizerDefinition of minor tranquillizer in:
- The US English dictionary