- A mark on a coin indicating the mint at which it was struck.More example sentences
- Cunobelinus describes himself as the son of Tasciovanus who, according to mint marks on his coins, ruled from Verlamio, later the Roman town of Verulamium, close to St Albans (Hertfordshire).
- County council archaeologist Bob Croft added: ‘We could tell they were forgeries because they did not have the mint mark on them.’
- The one pound was the first coin to feature a distinctive cross, referred to as the Llantrisant (repeat Llantrisant) mint mark, which means ‘Church or Parish of the Three Saints’.
More definitions of mint markDefinition of mint mark in:
- The US English dictionary