noun (plural minutemen)• historical
- A member of a class of militiamen of the American revolutionary period who volunteered to be ready for service at a minute’s notice.More example sentences
- The grandson of Captain John Parker, one of the Lexington minutemen of Revolutionary War fame, Theodore grew up in modest circumstances.
- Later in the broadcast, I'll be talking with a leading congressman who says the minutemen volunteers are nothing less but American heroes.
- Its tradition stretches back to the fifers and drummers stationed with Hudson Valley minutemen during the Revolutionary War.
More definitions of minutemanDefinition of minuteman in:
- The US English dictionary