- 2US another term for chayote ( sense 1).More example sentences
- The mirliton turned out to be the Louisiana name for chayote, a light-green ridged fruit you may have seen in ethnic grocery stores.
- Daily specials are written on a board and include fresh fish and pintade (guinea hen), along with hearty vegetable and meat stews featuring eggplant, spinach or the more exotic mirliton.
- Not so the cheese-stuffed huisquil - more commonly called chayote squash, mirliton or vegetable pear in Texas - that came off watery and wan.
early 19th century: from French, 'reed pipe', of imitative origin.
More definitions of mirlitonDefinition of mirliton in:
- The US English dictionary