Definition of misapply in English:
verb (misapplies, misapplying, misapplied)[with object]
Use (something) for the wrong purpose or in the wrong way: once new technology is adopted, it is often underused or misapplied
More example sentences
- He is wrong because he misapplies the statistics.
- The Board did not misinterpret or misapply the evidentiary burden cast on the Respondent.
- But for quite some time now, we have been hearing of lawyers misapplying clients' money and involving themselves in activities that tarnish their professional image.
- Example sentences
- Eugenics and ‘social Darwinism’ are perversions of evolution based upon logical fallacy and misapplication.
- All too often the virtual worlds visited by videogamers are illogical, internally inconsistent and littered with disruptive misapplications of design.
- It's an excessive exercise of federal power based on a misapplication of federal law.
Words that rhyme with misapplyally, Altai, apply, assai, awry, ay, aye, Baha'i, belie, bi, Bligh, buy, by, bye, bye-bye, chi, Chiangmai, Ciskei, comply, cry, Cy, Dai, defy, deny, Di, die, do-or-die, dry, Dubai, dye, espy, eye, fie, fly, forbye, fry, Frye, goodbye (US goodby), guy, hereby, hi, hie, high, I, imply, I-spy, July, kai, lie, lye, Mackay, my, nearby, nigh, Nye, outfly, passer-by, phi, pi, pie, ply, pry, psi, Qinghai, rai, rely, rocaille, rye, scry, serai, shanghai, shy, sigh, sky, Skye, sky-high, sly, spin-dry, spry, spy, sty, Sukhotai, supply, Tai, Thai, thereby, thigh, thy, tie, Transkei, try, tumble-dry, underlie, Versailles, Vi, vie, whereby, why, wry, Wye, xi, Xingtai, Yantai
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India