verb (misapplies, misapplying, misapplied)[with object]
Use (something) for the wrong purpose or in the wrong way: once new technology is adopted, it is often underused or misapplied
More example sentences
- He is wrong because he misapplies the statistics.
- The Board did not misinterpret or misapply the evidentiary burden cast on the Respondent.
- But for quite some time now, we have been hearing of lawyers misapplying clients' money and involving themselves in activities that tarnish their professional image.
- Example sentences
- Eugenics and ‘social Darwinism’ are perversions of evolution based upon logical fallacy and misapplication.
- All too often the virtual worlds visited by videogamers are illogical, internally inconsistent and littered with disruptive misapplications of design.
- It's an excessive exercise of federal power based on a misapplication of federal law.
Words that rhyme with misapplyally, Altai, apply, assai, awry, ay, aye, Baha'i, belie, bi, Bligh, buy, by, bye, bye-bye, chi, Chiangmai, Ciskei, comply, cry, Cy, Dai, defy, deny, Di, die, do-or-die, dry, Dubai, dye, espy, eye, fie, fly, forbye, fry, Frye, goodbye (US goodby), guy, hereby, hi, hie, high, I, imply, I-spy, July, kai, lie, lye, Mackay, my, nearby, nigh, Nye, outfly, passer-by, phi, pi, pie, ply, pry, psi, Qinghai, rai, rely, rocaille, rye, scry, serai, shanghai, shy, sigh, sky, Skye, sky-high, sly, spin-dry, spry, spy, sty, Sukhotai, supply, Tai, Thai, thereby, thigh, thy, tie, Transkei, try, tumble-dry, underlie, Versailles, Vi, vie, whereby, why, wry, Wye, xi, Xingtai, Yantai
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.