- Wrongly attribute: the professor misattributed Robert Burn’s famous line to ShakespeareMore example sentences
- Talking to oneself, for example, happens continually: an auditory hallucination can be proven to be a sufferer talking to themself, but misattributing the source.
- It has been pointed out to me that the lyric quoted at the top of this page has been misattributed to The Doors, when in fact it is from a song written by Kurt Weill - Bertolt Brecht's song-writing alter-ego.
- However, there is also a danger of assuming that everything reminiscent of Van Gogh's style in the family collection must be by him - so works that he had acquired from friends have sometimes been misattributed.
- More example sentences
- Van Gogh usually signed only his most important works, or sometimes those given to friends, so the vast majority are unsigned, increasing the problem of misattributions.
- But what I really want to do is show that Shakespeare had important counterparts in music, where misattributions abound.
- Thanks to the many readers who wrote to correct my earlier misattribution of the story; I was juggling a few too many balls today.