Definition of miscible in English:
(Of liquids) forming a homogeneous mixture when added together: sorbitol is miscible with glycerol
More example sentences
- It is freely miscible with ethanol, diethylether, acetone, and acetic acid (ethanoic acid).
- Alcohols and ethers with higher molecular weights are not miscible in water, however, because the water molecules can not completely surround those molecules.
- However, ordinary ethanol - the 95% ethanol-water azeotrope - is unsuitable for this use as the water interferes with the gasoline combustion and prevents the ethanol from being miscible with the gasoline.
- Example sentences
- Second, flavonoid molecules typically have poor miscibility with oils and other lipids, severely limiting their ability to pass across the lipid-rich outer membranes of the enterocytes of the small intestine.
- A practical limiting factor in forming more tightly crosslinked structures is the miscibility between the rose bengal amine and collagen.
- The presence of two hydroxyl groups permits the formation of hydrogen with water, thereby favoring miscibility with the latter.
Words that rhyme with miscibleadmissible, dismissible, immiscible, impermissible, irremissible, omissible, permissible, remissible, transmissible
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan