Definition of misconfigure in English:
verb[with object] (often as adjective misconfigured) Computing
Configure (a system or part of it) incorrectly: misconfigured Windows systems
More example sentences
- Inexperienced network administrators can easily misconfigure operating systems and firewall applications, or install them using default configurations.
- When something goes wrong and elements are misconfigured, service providers have very few reliable methods of isolating and identifying the location and source of the network breakdown.
- But they're sometimes misconfigured to accept and forward connections from the outside as well, allowing anyone on the Internet to route through the proxy with a simple browser configuration change.
- Example sentences
- While more than 80 per cent of the online consumers surveyed believe they are secure, about the same number have not installed necessary security software or have a misconfiguration that affects security, the study said.
- Once a hacker identifies a target network, his or her next step is often to find a system with default configurations or common misconfigurations.
- The rest, he says, are misconfigurations: systems with default passwords still in place, ports open unnecessarily and security features not even turned on.
Definition of misconfigure in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan