- A person convicted of a misdemeanour or guilty of misconduct.More example sentences
- ‘Court and police precinct records show,’ a municipal agency maintained, ‘that in arrests, convictions, misdemeanants, felons, female police problems and juvenile delinquencies, these areas are in the lead.’
- First, all sites operated according to a charge priority system, where non-drug felons, drug felons, non-drug misdemeanants, and drug misdemeanants were prioritized hierarchically.
- In other words, the decision to arrest misdemeanants - adopting that policy in preference to other policing strategies - is a choice with significant distributional consequences for African Americans.
early 19th century: from archaic misdemean 'misbehave' + -ant.
More definitions of misdemeanantDefinition of misdemeanant in:
- The US English dictionary